Search DrGAKMAN Blogger

3.31.2023

WingStop Wings

First time trying "WingStop" the delivery was kinda goofy, but they had different flavors than other wing places so I got...

Hawaiian & Hickory Smokey BBQ, both were good.  Was expecting Hawaiian to be more pineapple-y, but it was like citrus & Asian sweet.  The BBQ was basic, wanted more smoky flavor, but it was still good.  Their blue cheese is like mixed with ranch it seems, different.

They messed up delivery so my co-worker had to pick up our sides.  I ordered the Cajun Fried Corn and it was okay.

Ordered again, this time from home...and again, delivery was a bit nerve-wracking (I'm used to WingZone delivering it themselves, not going through doordash) but it eventually got there.

Ordered with fries this time which I got with seasoning & parmesan cheese on (though it was a very light dusting, meh) which I usually never get for fear of them getting soggy...they weren't, which is good.  The flavors I got this time were different: Hot Honey & Spicy Korean Q.  The Hot Honey was a rub (I prefer wet sauce) but it wasn't too dry actually, could've passed for a wet sauce almost with their fiery dry rub mixed with actual honey?  Pretty good, much better than I would've thought a dry rub could be.  Spicy Korean Q was also good, but the website said it had sriracha (which, to me, is just bla ketchup with bla hot sauce) on it, but it didn't kill the taste since it also had strong/sweet ginger & garlic flavors...not bad.

Will be ordering again, they have enough different flavors & sides to try.