Search DrGAKMAN Blogger

12.12.2022

City BBQ, Now In Kettering

City BBQ is now in Kettering (across the street from my favorite: Archers) and they didn't have paper menus yet so I took pics of the menu.

My first order was a brisket with provolone sandwich, side of corn pudding and one rib bone.  Good, but not good enough gor the price...I was just sampling the rib bone and Archers ribs are still better, City's were a bit like Old Hickory's but better.

There's a lot more on the menu (for a strictly bbq place) so I went back to eat in.  The interior is much changed from when it was Rapid Fire Pizza and it smells smoky good in there.  This time I got their sausage on Texas toast & coleslaw with a side of brisket baked beans...pretty good.  First time I got their original bbq (which is okay), but they also had sweet city (better), swine wine (it's like vinegar, cinnamin & peppers; really good) and brush fire (haven't trued yet).

Saw them making this banana pudding and a co-worker raved about it so I asked for it and they just gave me one for free.  It is something to rave about, it's more than banana pudding, it's a parfait of breading, cream, caramel & banana slices in it!

Will be back here to try more of the menu.