Search DrGAKMAN Blogger

4.12.2023

Super Mario Bros. Movie

The critics must be paid off by Disney or somethin' 'cos every non-critic agrees: this is a great movie.  It's made for kids & families and it's fun, fast-paced and has soooo many easter eggs I'm gonna have to go again to try to catch more of them.  It referenced a lot of Nintendo history & first party games (except Zelda & Metroid...maybe a hint for the future?) and the potential is there for a cinematic universe to unfold for years to come if done right.  I could full review it, but I'd rather say just go watch it for yourself...it's good fun.

Different theaters had different goodies for the collect-athon whores us Nintendo nuts are.  I don't really like popcorn but I had to get the big bucket which was Luigi themed and the big drink was Mario themed.  There was also a movie themed kids carboard tray and small drink...but we went opening day and I dunno if they'll still have these when I go again?

Breaking records, eh?  I knew it was gonna have the best video game movie opening...but best animated movie opening ever...WOW!